please update linux-firmware to include latest iwlwifi firmware

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jan 31 06:27:07 UTC 2014

Lo!

On 31.01.2014 04:43, Yu Watanabe wrote:
> [...]
> I do not know what is the criteria to include latest firmware.
> I can not find what kind of fixes applied to the latest firmware.
> But, I think it might be helpful for many laptop users.

FWIW, I also was bitten by "the linux-firmware package in Fedora is too
old" a few times in the past year when dealing with brand new hardware.
@Josh: How about updating it every time we jump to a new mainline kernel
version? Should be safe (as always: famous last words ;-) ) and sounds
like a good time&frequency to me

Cu
knurd