config-armv7-generic: USB_G_DBGP_PRINTK and USB_G_DBGP_SERIAL

Paul Bolle pebolle at tiscali.nl
Mon Mar 31 15:59:41 UTC 2014

0) Building an rpm for (vanilla) v3.14, using the origin/f20 branch of
kernel.git, triggers a warning (a couple of times):
    .config:5466:warning: override: USB_G_DBGP_SERIAL changes choice state

1) It turns out config-armv7-generic contains both
    CONFIG_USB_G_DBGP_PRINTK=y

and
    CONFIG_USB_G_DBGP_SERIAL=y

2) But in drivers/usb/gadget/Kconfig we see (summarized):
    choice
            prompt "EHCI Debug Device mode"
            default USB_G_DBGP_SERIAL

    config USB_G_DBGP_PRINTK
            bool "printk"

    config USB_G_DBGP_SERIAL
            bool "serial"

    endchoice

If I'm reading this correctly, this means that we need to choose between
USB_G_DBGP_PRINTK and USB_G_DBGP_PRINTK.

3) Should we remove one of these two Kconfig macros? Or is the upstream
Kconfig file incorrect and can both symbols be set simultaneously?

Paul Bolle