kernel panics 4.0.8-300.fc22.x86_64

Lance Lassetter lancelassetter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 07:52:30 UTC 2015

I haven't debugged yet but I'm getting kernel panics on reboot of 4.0.8-300.

The machine is a 2008 manufactured Dell XPS 625 (one of the first Dell Alienware machines).

The OS is modified Fedora 22 server install.

Also when issued command

"init 5" then back "init 3" then back to "init 5" I get a black screen.

I'm mostly doing this to utilize firewall-config because IMHO firewall-cmd is just too cryptic when adding direct rules.

Also I attempted to unmask NetworkManager and it hosed my routing table.  Would it be because I had NetworkManager-dispatcher active?

I know the latter two issues aren't kernel-related but might be or just as a side note.

Regards,

Lance Lassetter