[Fedora-legal-list] ssh enable and firewall open for sshd connection by default after install who's legally liable?.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu May 19 18:59:15 UTC 2011

On 05/19/2011 06:07 PM, Tom Callaway wrote:
> On 05/19/2011 12:09 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> Perhaps we need a wiki page that clarifies what legal rights Fedora
>> users/representatives have.
> It wouldn't mean anything, to be blunt. If you're worried about that,
> consult your own counsel.

I'm not worried I was just curious since this just spurred into
discussion here @work it was best just to ask the expert(s) if there was
any and as you have bluntly stated there isn't any.

> I'd rather not have people believe me (IANAL) or Red Hat (They Are Not
> Your Lawyers), then have something happen in their jurisdiction and feel
> like we mislead them.

Of course they only cover Red Hat employs so only Red Hat employees on
the Board Fesco Ambassadors etc are covered and yup different country's
different laws.

> In my ever so humble, non-lawyer opinion, I think a Fedora ambassador
> has a much better chance of getting hit by a comet while on a date with
> Angelina Jolie.

Agreed the chance of this ever happening is very low.

JBG