[Fedora-legal-list] Making Infrastructure httpd logs public

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Tue Apr 17 17:15:54 UTC 2012

As part of the statistics++ project [1] it is Infrastructure's plan to
make data about visits to Fedora Project web servers public, in order to
automate the information made available on the Statistics wiki page.

The httpd logs currently contain personally-identifiable information:
the IP address the request originated from and the user agent header.

We think that at an absolute minimum we need to hash the IP address
(with a seed, obviously) and leave the user agent header as is. But we
wanted to make sure we got legal's opinion on this.

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ianweller/statistics_plus_plus

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>