[Fedora-legal-list] Fedora Inro/Outro Video Contest

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 14:12:36 UTC 2012

On 04/14/2012 03:11 AM, Nitesh Narayan wrote:
> Hi,
> Fedora-Video team ([1]) wanted to organize a contest for Inro /Outro Contest whose details can be found at ([2]) . The point at which we are currently stuck is what we can give to the winners we have things such as Fedora T-shirts  in our mind as different countries has different rules .
> That's why we are still not very sure , so any suggestions and help is most welcomed here .
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Video
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Videos/FedoraVideos_Contest_Intro/Outro
>
> The contest page is yet not complete and modifications are still need to be done on the same .

I'm not sure who wrote the legal boilerplate there, but it isn't
entirely valid. We should not be asking people to assign copyright to
"Fedora". I have amended it to reflect the following:

* All contributors must create a Fedora Account and agree to the terms
of the FPCA (in the Fedora Account System):
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts

* All entries must either be under the Fedora Content Default license
(Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license with Moral
Rights Clause Waiver and GPL Relicensing Permission), or explicitly
licensed by the contributor under an acceptable Fedora Content license.
Any entries received without an explicitly specified license will be
used under the Fedora Content Default License.

Details about the Fedora Content Default License can be found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Fedora_Project_Contributor_Agreement

A list of acceptable Fedora Content Licenses can be found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing#Content_Licenses

*****

As to the contest prizes, you're right, different countries have very
different rules. Even with t-shirts, it will depend upon the t-shirt
design, and whether it uses the "Fedora" wordmark, or the "Fedora" logo,
or both. I've copied over the already cleared legal restrictions on
prizes from an earlier raffle giveaway.

What exactly were you thinking about giving away as prizes?

~tom

==
Fedora Project