[Fedora-legal-list] nodejs-ansi usage of yoshi png file

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Fri May 3 13:33:10 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 5:28 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky
<sochotnicky at redhat.com> wrote:
> nodejs-ansi upstream tarball contains yoshi.png which is a character from
> Nintendo games. It's used in one of examples to display it on a console. It's
> not *really* needed and could be replaced with completely different image if
> needed.
>
> Question is: do we have to do something about it or not? If it makes any
> difference the image is *really* low quality (64x21 pixels).

This image is clearly nonfree, as evidenced by the last line in the
README file [1] included with nodejs-ansi.  I'll remove it
immediately.  Sorry for not noticing it sooner, and thanks for the
heads up.

-T.C.

[1] https://github.com/TooTallNate/ansi.js/blob/master/README.md