[Fedora-livecd-list] Project goals and infrastructure...

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat Apr 16 13:14:31 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 00:02 -0600, Tom Lisjac wrote:
> I see two different requirements here with error free autodetection
> being much more critical for the bootable CD. If a hard disk install
> doesn't pick something up correctly, it can be interactively fixed and
> life goes on. With a failed CD boot, the user is out of business on
> that machine.

What you're saying is true for the average Linux enthusiast, but for a
broader audience it's really the same for CD and hard drive. Either the
hardware works or not, if not they can't do anything to fix it.

If the Knoppix setup is better, why wouldn't we use it in the stock hard
drive install?

Havoc