[Fedora-livecd-list] Revival of this list: Fedora Live DVD?

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 15:58:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> Yeah, I think that the ability to create customized Live CDs/DVDs easily
> should be one of the primary goals as well.
>
> So... I *know* that a bunch of the folks on this list have code that
> works, doing bits and pieces of this stuff now.  I know, because I added
> some of you to the list myself for that very reason.  :)
>
> The question now is, "how do we get our hands dirty"?

One thing to note is that the "LiveCD generator" project is on the Fedora
Bounties list for the summer of code, and to date it has been one of the
most popular projects in terms of questions asked. This means that it is
likely that we will have a student working on the project starting around
the end of this month.

No doubt this person will use the work so far as a starting point on
their project. We'll have to see how the interaction between the student
and this list works once the person gets started.

Best,
-- Elliot
You can accomplish anything you want, so long as you don't care who gets credit for it.