[Fedora-livecd-list] x86_64 builder; 32-bit LiveCD issues

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Sun Apr 2 05:11:37 UTC 2006

I've tried to create a 32bit LiveCd with a 32-bit repository on an
x86_64 system a couple times and run into an error.  After the isolinux
prompt I get this:

Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
powernow-k8: BIOS error - no PSB or ACPI _PSS objects
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(9,1)

This is under vmware which works for running 32bit images created on a
32bit system.  I haven't burned one of these disks to a CD yet.  The
first two lines are normal in that environment (running a LiveCD image
generated on a 32bit box brings up those two lines.)  But the next line
is a sign that something is really not happy.

I suspect that something in the 64 bit environment is being copied from
the builder's hard drive to the LiveCd instead of coming from the 32bit
packages in my repository.

Is anyone else attempting to create 32bit ISOs on x86_64?  Success or
failure reports would help me zero in on the problems.

-Toshio