[Fedora-livecd-list] Start in runlevel 5, add user accounts?

Mark Komarinski mark_komarinski at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 14 12:59:55 UTC 2006

Two problems I'm having with kadischi.

First, the system never starts in runlevel 5, always 3.  Somewhere
during the ISO creation process I get "cannot determine current
runlevel" which may be related.

Second, is there any way to create a non-root user?  I don't want people
using the root account to log into the system.

I'm using the live CDs for teaching a Linux desktop class.  So far, I've
been able to hack around, create the user after boot time and kick the
init level to 5, but that takes a few minutes times 10 machines or so I
have to do this on.

-Mark

Mark Komarinski				mark_komarinski at hms.harvard.edu
Sr. Research Systems Architect		http://ritg.med.harvard.edu