[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 17 08:16:53 UTC 2006

> Now this is really strange, Kadischi is a tool to yes, to create LiveCD
> media..
> but to create Fedora Core CD media. Although Rahul mentions running
> Anaconda in Debian
> may be possible, I don't think right now is the time to be focusing any
> efforts on running Kadischi
> on everything but Fedora Core. Likewise in this same respect, Kadischi
> shouldn't be focusing
> on allowing users to build thier own "distribution". It is a LiveCD tool
> not a distribution tool.
>
> I'm not saying it can't be done, sure it could.
> I just don't think it is Kadischi's job to help user's build thier own
> distribution's LiveCD.
> This is something the user should be doing, not Kadischi.
>
> Take for instance I want to build a new distribution that will be
> deployed to a few people somewhere..
> I get Kadischi, modify it a bit to do what I need in that particular
> case, and use it.
> If this involves removing trademarks and artwork, so be it that is my
> responsibility as a user.
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> J. Hartline

I agree with Jasper over here.
Kadischi is a Fedora Live CD creator tool.

But till now it is not among the Official Fedora projects as it is
still in its early stage of development. I suggest that this should be
our priority, pull Kadischi away from its early stage of development.
Considering this status, I feel it is the user's responsibility to
clear out Fedora's trademarks / Logos.

As for the user's post install scripts, he is the owner if he writes
it himself. If he shares it with us and we decide to add it to the CVS
version, then it will need to respect Fedora policies. But the tools
Kadischi needs should be first be available from Fedora Official
repositories.

Chitlesh Goorah
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com