[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

Chris Negus cnegus at rucls.net
Mon Apr 17 15:04:53 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 23:29 -0500, Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
> Jane Dogalt wrote:
> Now this is really strange, Kadischi is a tool to yes, to create LiveCD
> media..
> but to create Fedora Core CD media. Although Rahul mentions running
> Anaconda in Debian
> may be possible, I don't think right now is the time to be focusing any
> efforts on running Kadischi
> on everything but Fedora Core. Likewise in this same respect, Kadischi
> shouldn't be focusing
> on allowing users to build thier own "distribution". It is a LiveCD tool
> not a distribution tool.

Actually, I think this is a good point. The Fedora project still hasn't,
in my mind, clearly stated how to legally use its logos and trademarks.
The Wiki says to make formal requests to use the logo. I've made two
such requests and have not gotten a response back.

So the question is not whether or not we want to help people build their
own distributions from Kadischi. The question is how can someone legally
redistribute "anything" built with Kadischi? If you change the splash
screen or rebuild a package from source, is the resulting CD still
Fedora? If not, do we legally have to remove references to Fedora?

-- Chris Negus