[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 17 10:00:36 UTC 2006

tony wrote:

>As some of you may remember I was working on a live CD specific to VIA
>Epia M and later boards with a special emphasis on making a
>PVR/TV/multimedia box.
>
>The changes that took place in the transition from FC4 -> FC5 for
>Kadischi stopped my project in its tracks. So what I would like to see
>in the roadmap is clear indications of what changes will be made at each
>FC version change. And if a compatible version for the previous FC
>version will be maintained.

The changes between Core 4 and Core 5 support in Kadischi are not too many.
The largest one being SquashFS, since squashfs-tools are not in FC4
repositories I do not
believe, they may be. In any case I wrote a message to the list stating
if anyone needs
updated Kadischi but for FC4 to send a reply.

Changes between Core revisions are maintainable via RPM. Which is where
Kadischi is headed, possibly.
If you would like, I can build an RPM and keep it on website, it would
be an unofficial package
and would probably fall under scrutiny since it has the added bootsplash
stuff. I never kept
building FC4 RPMs since no one on the list responded.
Otherwise Kadischi in CVS is a development branch and would stay current
with the latest Core.

J. Hartline