output redistribution issues again, was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

tony tony at tgds.net
Tue Apr 18 14:11:11 UTC 2006

Le mardi 18 avril 2006 à 16:00 +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH a écrit :
> http://fedora.redhat.com/about/trademarks/guidelines/page5.html
>
> Publishing And Marketing Fedora™ Software That Has Been Modified
>
> 4. You must modify the files identified as FEDORA-LOGOS and
> ANACONDA-IMAGES so as to remove all use of images containing the
> "Fedora" trademark. Note that mere deletion of these files may corrupt
> the software.

What is your take on "based on Fedora Core [version number]" in light of
that page? I don't interpret "based on" as "You may not state that your
product "contains "Fedora™" This would amount to impermissible use of
Red Hat's trademarks."

Or "is modified Fedora Core rpms" or "is built from..."

The guys doing GPL RHEL do say that the distribution is built from srpms
found on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux ftp server (or they used to when I
last read).

Tony