output redistribution issues again, was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

tony tony at tgds.net
Tue Apr 18 20:40:29 UTC 2006

Le mardi 18 avril 2006 à 15:48 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg a écrit :
> Hold it, hold it, hold it.

> The policy we're aiming for: if it's all Fedora stuff, you can use the
> Fedora name.  If it isn't, you can't.  Period.

OK so mine is/was/will be called epiaix

It is all Fedora + xine + vdr + xmms + diverse stuff forbidden in the
USA but destined to be used by people in France (boo, hiss...) and other
part of Europe or the World where they DGAF (Fon't Give A Fsck) about
stupid software patents (good software patents are OK the world over -
stupid ones we don't need). Oh and did I say that the kernel was patched
for VIA hardware sensors and diverse other VIA Epia stuff.

I would like to say to potential users who may wish to upgrade for
security bits and pieces or do other stupid user stuff that it is based
on Fedora Core [version number] so that they can just yum away at their
risk and peril.

And I don't know if I will have the strength, intelligence or ... (biff
unused option) to scrub clean mentions or logos from every single corner
of a distribution that grows by a CD-ROM every three versions!

Tony
(interesting and useful thread)