[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora Core LiveCD Test x (Snapshot)

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 21 16:24:56 UTC 2006

Hi.

On fedora-marketing-list I believe, Jeff Spaleta had made
a statement he wouldn't mind seeing ISOs built everyday to test out
how all of this LiveCD stuff is doing.

I have come up with the idea, that not a daily but a weekly snapshot can
be made
if it is something that would be beneficial to the community.

As of now this idea is in the making, and I'd like to hear people's
thoughts.
The advantages of doing this are these:
1) Simply testing

I have the bandwidth and server space needed to do this
along with just the cron spun ISOs from RAWHIDE tree
provide:
1) A SHA1SUM
2) A package list in plain text
The SHA1SUM for integrity, the package list to know what packages
are present. Of course this would need to be agreed upon, and since I am not
directly affiliated with Redhat, Inc. in any way, Logo and art packaging
removal would
probably need to be discussed. Albeit the CDs wouldn't be modified in
any way except
for what you see in Kadischi, a specific set of services, no firewall
and a standard non-root user.\

Flames, suggestions, questions and comments welcome.

J. Hartline