[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Apr 21 20:42:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 14:26 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> With this, I am now generating a live cd that can boot with
> init=/bin/bash.  Getting beyond that is going to want to piggy-back on
> what Bill has been doing for readonly root in stateless.  But rather
> than wait for everything to be perfect, I've gone ahead and put up what
> I currently have at http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/livecd/.  Included
> there are the following:
> a) livecd.tar.gz -- this is the main pieces.  See the README within for
> the basic usage, essentially the same as with kadischi, but a few tweaks
> so you can actually run from a working directory.  The unfortunate side
> is that this mostly based on the state of things from a few weeks ago
> given the other stuff that I've been occupied with.

As I said, with Bill's stateless changes for read-only root, this can
get to a multi-user boot now.  To make things easier, I've gone ahead
and created an hg repository.  You can clone it with
  hg clone http://hg.fedoraproject.org/hg/fedora/livecd--devel

For some more information about Mercurial, I'll just currently point to
the information that the OLPC guys have been kind enough to put up at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OLPC/MercurialQuickstart

Jeremy