[Fedora-livecd-list] Pilgrim

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 15:40:27 UTC 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> As of now, I dont see anyone developing Kadischi further. I dont think there
> is separate niches for both tools. I would prefer a single tool to cover all
> the needs of people who want to create Live CD's. Functionality wise, I
> consider that a merge.

I don't think this distinction is helpful.

Here's the deal.  Kadischi has always been open to further development,
and will always be open to further development.  The problem with Kadischi
has been, for a long time now, that no one was stepping up to take serious
ownership/leadership of the project.

That's the biggest single problem we're looking to solve by moving to
Pilgrim.  If a huge community should happen to grow up around Kadischi, I
have absolutely no problem with that.  At all.  Zero.  I encourage it, in
fact.

But Pilgrim is where the internal Red Hat momentum is, for a number of
reasons.  My bet is that Pilgrim will improve quickly and dramatically, in
a way that Kadischi never has.

If you have specific reasons for developing Kadischi, continue to develop
and use Kadischi.  But unless you work some serious mojo, Pilgrim will be
much stronger in three months.  That's just the facts, as I see it.

--g