[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - Xen - patch

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 13 17:07:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 02:31 -0500, J. Hartline wrote:
> I've got Xen kernels booting from our LiveCD medias, and I'll attach the
> patch below.
> There are a few things I'd like to go over though, if anyone has any
> opinions.
>
> The main concerns I have are:
> 1) The dom0_mem= allocated values.

You shouldn't have to specify this.  xend is configured to auto-balloon
dom0 out to something reasonable (256M, iirc) as needed to avoid the
need for specifying this

> 2) The ramdisk_size= values specified at 10000

This also shouldn't be needed as the "initrd" is actually an initramfs
and thus doesn't use the ramdisk code in the kernel at all.

Jeremy