[Fedora-livecd-list] kadischi+kickstart is broken how exactly?

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 14 17:32:27 UTC 2006

Jane Dogalt wrote:

>- to get fc5t3 to work, I followed the docs, but had to manually apply most of
>one of the 2 patches, because parts of it were already in cvs.  Maybe telling
>patch to blast ahead and ignoring rejects would have worked, but that certainly
>doesn't feel comfortable.

I'm thinking the best solution is to just maintain a FC4 Kadischi RPM,
on my own time.
Update the CVS to work with Core 5, and of course reflect all the things
neccessary in the wiki.
If it applies to FC4 and not explicity to both, it should be labelled as
such.
This will bring alot of the Development page into CVS rather than expect
users to patch something
that is in a development stage, and with FC5 on the very horizon.

>- I also had to install autoconf/automake which aren't part of a braindead
>default fc5t3 install, and thus should be in docs in the yum install line.
>
>- I just noticed that nice rpm spec file posted, and see all those interesting
>gettext and other commands in the build section which should probably be noted
>in the docs (I'm guessing they might suppress some of the scarier warnings
>which didn't seem to prevent me from getting a bootable iso)
>
>-jdog

Eh. They actually are, you just need to install them.
If this becomes much of a problem we'll try to document something about
the intltool and glib2-devel
packages needed. Chitlesh may have already done that.

J. Hartline