[Fedora-livecd-list] Expectation Setting

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Mar 16 16:28:38 UTC 2006

One thing that I'm seeing is that a lot of people are interested in live
CDs (which isn't bad), but I really think that we need to be taking care
to set their expectations properly.  Everything being produced now is
clearly just testing quality and there are significant issues that need
to be addressed before we can move beyond that.  Sending lots of people
out with what we currently have and having it reproduced and distributed
has a strong possibility of a negative perception of Fedora and the
Fedora Live CD project.

Therefore, can we please be sure to be emphasizing that this is all
currently development work and not at all considered final?  With things
based on FC5 test releases, it's (somewhat) obvious without being stated
but we need to be extremely clear as Fedora Core 5 is actually released
and the live CDs that we're producing are still development versions.

In other stuff, I've spent a little bit of time trying to clean up a few
things while I've been testing the FC5 trees that are being produced.
Expect to see more of it probably the start of next week (need to spend
today making sure things are ready for Extras to correspond with FC5 as
well as so that the next development tree can be opened up)

Thanks,

Jeremy