[Fedora-livecd-list] New sipX LiveCD published

Martin Steinmann msteinmann at vesbridge.com
Thu Feb 15 03:18:28 UTC 2007

The sipX project team on SIPfoundry <http://www.sipfoundry.org/>
published a new Kadischi based Fedora LiveCD of its IP PBX application.

The following is new:

- The LiveCD now offers an XFCE4 based desktop environment

- It auto-configures a redundant high-availability system consisting of
2 machines

- It auto-configures DNS, DHCP, NTP, FTP, TFTP, and HTTP services

The sipx LiveCD is a complete IP PBX solution on a single CD. It can
turn your laptop into a full SIP-based PBX. We use it mostly for demo
setups at events where we bring a laptop, a hub, and a few phones.

The LiveCD can be downloaded here
<http://www.sipfoundry.org/temp/sipX/LiveCD/> : Pick version 3.7.3

Documentation and screenshots
<http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/Fedora_Live_CD_for_sipX>

How we created the LiveCD
<http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/Creating_a_Fedora_Core_5_Live_CD
_for_sipX_using_Kadischi>

It is based on FC5 and the 2.6.15 kernel. We had trouble with the 2.6.18
kernel and are planning to provide an update once the 2.6.19 kernel is
out.

We are also interested in trying the install feature so that a system
can be installed off a LiveCD. If you are interested to help let us
know.

Thought you might be interested

--martin