[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor stalls while downloading packages

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Thu Jul 5 13:47:27 UTC 2007

> On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 07:35 -0600, Tim Wood wrote:
>> Last night I started running Revisor.
>
> What type of media are you creating?

A live cd.

>>  I thought I'd finally gotten all
>> the config files convinced to play nice.
>
> May we see?

I've attached the three I've modified.  sw-gateway-ks-0.0.1.cfg is my
kickstart.  The 192.168... address is my local repository

>>   I'm using a repository that
>> existing on another machine on the same network.  I haven't tested this
>> repository extensively (it's a replacement for a machine that died), but
>> have used it to do a couple of recent installs/updates on 1 machine and
>> everything seems to work properly.
>>
>> It got to the "Building your media" screen, went through checking
>> dependencies and then sat there on downloading packages.  I check it
>> with
>> ps and it was taking 10+% CPU and 23% Memory.  This morning, it's still
>> in
>> the same stage (downloading media) and the task progress bar has not
>> moved.  CPU usage has dropped to 1%.
>
> It sounds like you hit a bug. If you're willing, run Revisor from a
> terminal so you can get the traceback.

I'd be happy to.  After doing the command (revisor), how do I do a traceback?

>>  What I'm assuming is the cache log
>> (/var/tmp/revisorrevisor-yum.log) is empty.  The cache directory
>> (/var/tmp/revisor-yumcache) has been created and there's a subdirectory
>> for each of the entries that were on the repo screen (development,
>> fedora,
>> updates) and each has various items including an empty packages
>> directory.
>>  The log (/var/log/revisor.log) ends with a copy of the warning I
>> received
>> about /srv/revisor already existing (from a previous failed run).
>>
>> Any suggestions on troubleshooting this?
>
> What version of Revisor are you using? (rpm -q revisor)

2.0.4

>>  Maybe rip Revisor out and beat it with a baseball bat?
>
> Sure. Just not the face ;-)

Hehehe.  Yeah.  (Almost) anything to avoid going back to customizing knoppix.