[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor stalls while downloading packages

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Jul 5 22:09:42 UTC 2007

Tim Wood wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 07:35 -0600, Tim Wood wrote:
>>> Last night I started running Revisor.
>> What type of media are you creating?
>
> A live cd.
>
>>>  I thought I'd finally gotten all
>>> the config files convinced to play nice.
>> May we see?
>
> I've attached the three I've modified.  sw-gateway-ks-0.0.1.cfg is my
> kickstart.  The 192.168... address is my local repository
>

>>>   I'm using a repository that
>>> existing on another machine on the same network.  I haven't tested this
>>> repository extensively (it's a replacement for a machine that died), but
>>> have used it to do a couple of recent installs/updates on 1 machine and
>>> everything seems to work properly.

I'm concerned with that, as Revisor (or actually the yum object Revisor
creates for doing dependency resolving and downloading packages),
really, really depends on good repositories. I see there's a disc1/
directory which I can only hope is not the DVD of what the Fedora
Project released, rather then the Everything tree.

>>> It got to the "Building your media" screen, went through checking
>>> dependencies and then sat there on downloading packages.  I check it
>>> with
>>> ps and it was taking 10+% CPU and 23% Memory.  This morning, it's still
>>> in
>>> the same stage (downloading media) and the task progress bar has not
>>> moved.  CPU usage has dropped to 1%.
>> It sounds like you hit a bug. If you're willing, run Revisor from a
>> terminal so you can get the traceback.
>
> I'd be happy to.  After doing the command (revisor), how do I do a traceback?

If you run from a gnome-terminal -like prompt, you can run:

revisor --debug > ~/revisor.log

That'd ensure everything is in /a/ logfile, that we can use to track
down the issue here. Mind that our logging facility is... erhm...
b0rked. Hence the original revisor logfile not showing as much as we'd
want it to.

>>>  Maybe rip Revisor out and beat it with a baseball bat?
>> Sure. Just not the face ;-)
>
> Hehehe.  Yeah.  (Almost) anything to avoid going back to customizing knoppix.

Gheghe, you know revisor started beating /some-other-application/ with a
baseball bat, and *in* the face, right? ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip