[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- 'persistance' is on LiveCD wishlist - what does it mean?

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Jul 16 21:03:14 UTC 2007

On the Fedora LiveCD wiki's wishlist, is 'persistance' -

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD

"
     * Persistence; e.g. the ability to save livecd changes (e.g. installed
software) to a USB stick instead of tmpfs
     * LiveCD content + persistence all on a 1GB USB stick image
"

While I have plenty of ideas for this, and have vague memories of seeing other
distributions do it, I'd like to get a feel for what the fedora community
actually wants.  I.e. lets design this feature.  How should it work from the end
user perspective?

Also, there are a bazillion distros and livecds out there, if you happen to know
of any that do this in a way that you like, please mention them.

-dmc