[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Fedora-livecd-list Digest, Vol 27, Issue 15

Elias Hunt hunt at m2s.com
Tue Jul 17 14:32:00 UTC 2007

I suspect you could mirror the updates repository locally under the
400MB/day mark, at least after the initial download which might take a
couple days. Could be mistaken here, but I doubt it is a regular
occurrence for updates to be more than 400MB/day. So I would just do an
rsync mirror. This would also provide the benefit of pulling down the
repo files, so you would not need to run createrepo on top of this.

As for other packages, probably just pulling down what you can into a
local mirror each day would work until you've gotten everything you
need. You could have a daily script that runs createrepo on that folder
to keep everything up-to-date.

I used to do a number of script based mirrors like this in the past with
bandwidth caps, it would take a couple days to get them setup, but then
at worst they might be a day behind if too many updates occurred on the
same day.

-E