[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- 'persistance' is on LiveCD wishlist - what does it mean?

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Tue Jul 17 05:25:40 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:

> I somewhat suspect that the answer is to get together the quick path for
> each of these (explicit specification of where the persistence is,
> require manual set up) and just see how things work.

I agree, and was planning on going ahead and trying out some ideas myself.  I
just want to make sure I take into consideration any particular use-cases that
people may already have in mind.  And in particular, I'm hoping that if a good
end-user implementation already exists somewhere that I'm oblivious to, that
someone mentions it.

Knoppix, at least from what I see, still uses unionfs, so thats not interesting
for us.

ubuntu also uses unionfs, and their persistence support looks like a mess right now-

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDPersistence

googling for "[gentoo/suse/mandriava] livecd persistence" didn't yield anything
immediately obvious (look I managed to spell it correctly there :)

Anyway, I'll see what I can do in the next week or two.

-dmc