[Fedora-livecd-list] how to create kickstart file that will include TeXlive, development tools, kernel-devel, etc

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 03:02:52 UTC 2007

On the thread named
   Re: Remixing Fedora 8
Chitlesh shared his detailed procedure to
create/generate a Fedora-Electronic-Lab Live CD.  I
followed his details and it generated an awesome
livecd with KDE.
Here's his response to Karl:
----
On 10/10/07, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     My goal is to do the re-mix right and send it to
the right people
> for inclusion into the normal Fedora distribution
system.

You might be interested how I created the Fedora
Electronic Lab. I've
detailed my procedure:
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2007/09/creating-his-fedora-electronic-lab.html

Please do use a F8(devel) (aka rawhide) box to create
your livecds.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com

----

Question:

Can someone shed some light as to generate a kickstart
file like Chitlesh's to generate a livecd with
TeXlive, TeXMaker or Kile depending on whether one
uses Gnome or KDE, maxima, xmaxima and Wvmaxima which
needs/requires gnuplot, wine, etc. if possible with
the development tools as well to generate modules when
needed/compile programs that need kernel-devel
package, etc.  Size of the livecd does not matter as I
can use a liveDVD.  I have used Kadishi before and
today was my first adventure with live-cd tools as I
have not generated a livecd for quite a while.  I do
follow the list and appreciate the contributions by
all the persons here.

TIA,

Antonio