[Fedora-livecd-list] how to create kickstart file that will include TeXlive, development tools, kernel-devel, etc

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 21:31:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 20:02 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Can someone shed some light as to generate a kickstart
> file like Chitlesh's to generate a livecd with
> TeXlive, TeXMaker or Kile depending on whether one
> uses Gnome or KDE, maxima, xmaxima and Wvmaxima which
> needs/requires gnuplot, wine, etc. if possible with
> the development tools as well to generate modules when
> needed/compile programs that need kernel-devel
> package, etc.  Size of the livecd does not matter as I
> can use a liveDVD.  I have used Kadishi before and
> today was my first adventure with live-cd tools as I
> have not generated a livecd for quite a while.  I do
> follow the list and appreciate the contributions by
> all the persons here.

If you install livecd-tools, you'll see a whole batch of configs
in /usr/share/livecd-tools.  From there, it should be pretty
straight-forward to build on top of an existing config by either copying
and creating your own file or just even having a config that is

  %include /usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-desktop.ks
  %packages
  kile
  gnuplot
  %end

Then, as the README in livecd-tools say, you just run with
  livecd-creator --config=/path/to/my-config.ks

Jeremy