[Fedora-livecd-list] Is it possible to have an updatable system on a usb stick?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 4 17:48:44 UTC 2008

On Monday 04 August 2008 13:54:30 Jeremy Katz wrote:
> This got filed relatively recently and fixed up.  For F9-based images,
> though, you'll have to do a workaround of removing
> the /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules.rpm* (or at least, move them
> out of the way)

I thought I was almost there.  I gave it an overlay of 6533 MB, got it booted
and running on the EeePC, then started the big update.  Unfortunately that
took so long that the battery ran out while I was away from it.  There could
be packages still in the cache to be installed, but I can't move about at
all.  I have a bash  prompt but it doesn't recognise basic bash commands such
as cd and mv.

It's clear from the warning message I got that I do need to do the workaround
mentioned above.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Anne