[Fedora-livecd-list] bootloader --append="noapic" does nothing?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Wed Feb 20 00:08:20 UTC 2008

I noticed when testing my Live CD on a Dell at the Creative Commons office
that it would not boot without the noapic option.  (The kernel complained
about this, and told me to send in a debug report for APIC, which I might
do later.  We were planning to have this disc out very soon; it'd be great
if the above issue were fixable for this release.)

So, at the advice of
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1157197&seqNum=4 , I added
this toward the start of my Kickstart file:

bootloader --append="noapic"

Alas, the resulting disc still does not pass "noapic" to the kernel.  What
am I supposed to do?

http://buildbot.creativecommons.org:8080/builders/livecontent%20builder/builds/73/steps/compile/logs/stdio
is the long, long log of us building that CD, in case any of that output
is useful.

-- Asheesh.

--
The whole of life is futile unless you consider it as a sporting proposition.