[Fedora-livecd-list] RFE: implant locale information into isos like anaconda implants md5sums

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Oct 20 20:18:00 UTC 2008

Hiyas,

I have an idea to make it easier for people to create an iso image with the
desired locale and keyboard layout for local distribution.

The anaconda project created a tool "isomd5sum" that somehow implants the
md5sum of major parts of the iso into the iso file itself. I did not yet find
the time to investigate how they do it. I would find it very useful, if the
same technique could be used to store the default locale and keyboard layout
within the iso image for live cds.

What do you think about this idea?

Regards,
Till