[Fedora-livecd-list] Cannot create livecd from local repo

Joshua C. joshuacov at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 22 13:21:36 UTC 2009

2009/2/22 Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to>:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 20:00:35 +0100,
>>
>> Maybe the problem is in yum, since it sees all the repos, it should
>> know that the files in my local repo are the same with the others but
>> it choose to use the *offcial* ones and starts the download. why when
>> they've been already donwloaded?
>
> Maybe. I have the entire repos locally and have yum configured to use the
> local repos as well. So that might be why things work for me and don't
> for you.

Let me clarify something:

I've downloaded all the necessry file to my repo1. in the ks file I've
specified some other repos (from the internet) so that when creating
the live image yum can compare the downloaded with the internet
packages and choose the latest. After this I move the cached to repo1.

This means on run1 yum should download only the updated packges and
make the iso image. on run2 (for instance 2 hours later) it shoud
repeat the process and because there should be no new packges (since
we've checked for 2 hours) it should use the files from repo1.

therefore it's easier for run2 to copy the files from repo1 to the
cache and use them instead of going back to the internet repos. this
is what i want.

I can periodically add different packges to repo1 and keep it up to
date (usb pen). i use repo1 as my rawhidea dn when yum see a newer
version in it, it uses it. This means that yum hasn't forgotten my
repo1. but about the other files in repo1 which are the same to one on
the internet: It should know that local-copy is faster than download.
So yum see the lastes version and chooses it regardless of the
downlaod distance and for the rest of the packges goes
to.............. the internet. why? My repo1 should have the highest
priority.

Is there any way to do this?