[Fedora-livecd-list] Getting a graphical Plymouth screen for a Spin

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Mon Apr 26 00:09:29 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Jasper Hartline
<jasper.hartline at gmail.com> wrote:

> Absolutely, the initramfs needs to be copied to the /boot/ or /boot/isolinux
> directory with the new theme that was created. Not sure how the current
> livecd-tools does this, but this is true. The LiveCD needs to be able to
> mount a SquashFS
> filesystem and with that the kernel and initramfs or initrd are outside of
> the Squashfiles.

Okay, so I just extracted the two initrds (the one from the squashfs
in /boot and the other from the actual usb key in /syslinux) and their
files out. It looks like the plymouth theme itself is all present in
both and also set in /etc/plymouth/plymouthd.conf as default. It's
however not in /usr/share/plymouth/plymouthd.defaults, but doing a sed
on that in %post didn't change the behaviour at all.

Mhm, interesting! :)

--Sebastian