[Fedora-livecd-list] norhgb doesn't work

Gregory Fowler gregory.fowler at oracle.com
Sun May 1 20:47:25 UTC 2011

On 5/1/2011 3:53 PM, lars at lamasti.net wrote:

> Yes, but I had to remove the acpi=noirq parameter to get the test system
> to boot.

Sorry,  I used my debug bootloader title entry as the example.  Most
folks wouldn't need the acpi=noirq..

> I put a g after the two slashes to modify both quiet AND rhgb.
I think if you need the g  (global)  then you may have had multiple
instances of the rhgb pattern present as kernel args.
The regex alternate  ( quiet|rhgb )  will work on both but only 1 time
per record (line).
The g is a good Idea in case something is writing multiple rhgbargs
into the bootloader config on the kernel arg line.

> BTW: Can I build a x86_64 system from a i686 host?
I think so,  just point the yum repo to the appropriate pkgs for the
target architecture.
It is easier (for me) to just run multiple  livecd-builder hosts as
virtual machines.  Use different VMs to build different LiveCD targets.

Thanks
Gregory Fowler