[Fedora-livecd-list] how to create Fedora LiveCD with GUI but no Desktop (using WM)

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 19:05:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

How does one build a Fedora LIveCD without a desktop but with a WM and GUI?

I was looking at the fedora-livecd-lxde.ks file and noticed the following:

# create /etc/sysconfig/desktop (needed for installation)
cat > /etc/sysconfig/desktop <<EOF
PREFERRED=/usr/bin/startlxde
DISPLAYMANAGER=/usr/sbin/lxdm
EOF

Also,

# Show harddisk install on the desktop
sed -i -e 's/NoDisplay=true/NoDisplay=false/' /usr/share/applications/liveinst.desktop
mkdir /home/liveuser/Desktop
cp /usr/share/applications/liveinst.desktop /home/liveuser/Desktop

How do I modify at least these parts? I would like to still have the ability to log in as a liveuser, and then install to HDD (for this, I guess I will need anaconda and firstboot).