[Fedora-livecd-list] LiveCD from current install

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:59:47 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Marcelo Guazzardo
<mguazzardo76 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Fred:
>
> Thank you for you reply. I was playing with editliveos, and I created my
> own spin, using the chroot shell. But... I would like ask you if I took a
> tar.gz from my current install and uncompress it, in the chroot shell for
> editliveos, should it work?. I tried it, but I received a locale error, and
> then, the python scripts failed, and delete the squashfs.

editliveos.py is designed to work with LiveOS structured images (see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LiveOS_image) in a Live CD .iso file,
mounted Live CD or Live USB/SD, or a directory containing the LiveOS
components.  One option is an uncompressed 'ext3fs.img' (as might exist
when the disk was loaded with the --skipcompress option).

So if your customized image were copied into an uncompressed ext3fs.img
file, and placed in a /LiveOS folder under a directory (along with the
necessary SYSLINUX boot components), such as,
/directory
            /LiveOS
                 |- ext3fs.img
            /syslinux                 (or isolinux folder with boot files,
initrd0, vmlinuz, etc.)

You could call editliveos.py  with /directory as the LiveOS_source
argument, such as,
./editliveos.py [other options] /directory

> are there any flag for debug editliveos?. Thanks in advance.

There are some logging statements available.  I use winpdb as a debugger.

            --Fred