Fedora Insight testing

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 08:21:25 UTC 2010

2010/6/8 Drak <drak at zikula.org>:
> Robyn,
> You do not need to upgrade your version of server PHP at all.  As I said,
> Zikula 1.2.3 actually works with PHP 4.3.0 or greater - there was a mistake
> on the download page which I have corrected.

My mistake. Sorry!

> The upgrade process for Zikula 1.2.3 is just a matter of
> a) copy new files
> b) run upgrade.php
> c) delete install*, upgrade.php
> This will not affect your AuthFAS at all.
> To upgrade EZComments, simply copy the new module files, then go to the
> admin -> modules ->regenerate list, then click upgrade on the EZComments
> module.
> Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Drak

Perhaps someone can clear some things up for me before I stick my foot
further into my mouth. :)

* How long will this upgrade take us (not the physical typing of
things and copying files, but builds / packaging / whatever magic
needs to hapen) - can we get this up and running by Wednesday, Friday,
?, for basic testing to see if this will fix the EZComments issue?
* When 1.2.3 goes into staging and/or production - would we really be
installing an old version, then upgrading to 1.2.3, following the
steps above? Or would it be advisable to install 1.2.3 from scratch?
If so, would we want to just install 1.2.3 from scratch in a new
instance on pt6,  so that we can have a documented, repeatable
process?

-Robyn