Fedora Insight theme

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:50:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 08:20:50PM +0100, Peter Borsa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I spoke with Hiemanshu and Paul about FI theme today. I added myself
> to the theme devel group. Thank you again for the sponsorship. I have
> 2 questions: the first one, who would like to help us? The second one,
> is the current theme a sub-theme? If it is not, then we have 2 choice.
> We will create a new theme from scratch or we will convert the current
> theme to a sub-theme.

I think Hiemanshu's work may have started with a theme we used with
Zikula that he ported to Drupal.  As far as I know he still needs your
help to complete the porting.  Hiemanshu, do you have a graphic or
something that shows the design for the theme?  I seem to recall we
tried to find that earlier and it too had been lost.

The theme of data loss forces me to remind folks that if you complete
work, take the time to copy it somewhere else outside your box.  Your
Fedora People space, the wiki, and other places are suitable.  Take
the time to save yourself grief! :-)

That being said, I don't know that we need to start from scratch.
That's really up to the people who are working on the theme.  Drupal
offers excellent theme building tools like the Zen theme, but if we're
already partway to a working theme there's no need to throw that stuff
away.

It would be interesting to see if we could quickly duplicate the work
done on fedoraproject.org, so we can match its look and feel.