Insight meeting recap 2010-10-07

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 18:59:25 UTC 2010

Minutes:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-10-07/fedora_insight.2010-10-07-18.00.html
Minutes (text):
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-10-07/fedora_insight.2010-10-07-18.00.txt
Log:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-10-07/fedora_insight.2010-10-07-18.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (stickster, 18:00:54)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Meeting_agenda
    (stickster, 18:01:09)

* Last week's action items  (stickster, 18:05:41)
  * stickster completed #7 and #8 but hasn't heard update on drupal6
    review progress  (stickster, 18:06:48)
  * hiemanshu has had internet problems and has some material ready to
    push into the theme repo  (stickster, 18:08:05)
  * IDEA: Good argument for "push early, push often"  (stickster,
    18:08:13)
  * Sparks and pcalarco helpfully got a blog entry put together which
    yielded a guy who wants to help with packaging  (stickster,
    18:08:42)
  * His name's Sven, and he contacted Sparks via email, who roped
    stickster in -- stickster asked Sven to join the logistics list.
    stickster pointed him to specific modules already, and updated wiki
    appropriately  (stickster, 18:10:23)

* Drupal status -- theme  (stickster, 18:12:29)
  * hiemanshu has the latest work on his box but needs his intartubez
    back so he can push to the git repo  (stickster, 18:12:57)
  * ACTION: stickster email hiemanshu again to suggest proxying the push
    so we can get moving  (stickster, 18:18:05)

* Views  (stickster, 18:21:32)
  * We have a content type for "FWN beat" with new fields for beat and
    issue  (stickster, 18:22:54)
  * LINK:
    http://learn.awakenedvoice.com/2007/07/30/drupal-cck-and-views-tutorial/
    (pcalarco, 18:26:42)
  * ACTION: stickster find the Apress book and order it  (stickster,
    18:28:45)
  * LINK: http://apress.com/book/view/1430209895   (pcalarco, 18:28:50)
  * LINK: http://learnbythedrop.com/drop/166   (pcalarco, 18:33:10)
  * ACTION: stickster Complete the function to autofill titles in
    fwnbeat content type  (stickster, 18:34:18)
  * ACTION: pcalarco Figure out solution to putting all beats for a FWN
    issue together on a page  (stickster, 18:35:31)

* Packaging  (stickster, 18:36:52)
  * ACTION: stickster send smooge and new guy (Sven) an email to get
    them connected, and provide list of all modules to be packaged
    (stickster, 18:43:01)
  * IDEA: Trade reviews to make the flow go a little faster  (stickster,
    18:43:50)

* AOB (All other business)  (stickster, 18:45:43)
  * This topic includes attracting other contributors  (stickster,
    18:45:58)
  * AGREED: Thanks to Sparks (and pcalarco as editor) for the blog post
    regarding things we need help with  (stickster, 18:47:28)
  * ACTION: pcalarco to reuse blog post text to recruit on Ambassadors
    list  (pcalarco, 18:53:59)

Meeting ended at 18:58:18 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* stickster email hiemanshu again to suggest proxying the push so we can
  get moving
* stickster find the Apress book and order it
* stickster Complete the function to autofill titles in fwnbeat content
  type
* pcalarco Figure out solution to putting all beats for a FWN issue
  together on a page
* stickster send smooge and new guy (Sven) an email to get them
  connected, and provide list of all modules to be packaged
* pcalarco to reuse blog post text to recruit on Ambassadors list

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* pcalarco
  * pcalarco Figure out solution to putting all beats for a FWN issue
    together on a page
  * pcalarco to reuse blog post text to recruit on Ambassadors list
* smooge
  * stickster send smooge and new guy (Sven) an email to get them
    connected, and provide list of all modules to be packaged
* stickster
  * stickster email hiemanshu again to suggest proxying the push so we
    can get moving
  * stickster find the Apress book and order it
  * stickster Complete the function to autofill titles in fwnbeat
    content type
  * stickster send smooge and new guy (Sven) an email to get them
    connected, and provide list of all modules to be packaged
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
* stickster (82)