Where to begin

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:31:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 03:44:26PM +0100, Andrea Veri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here a few questions about where to start contributing:
>
> 1. Which kind of duties or area of involvement should I take care of?
> 2. Which kind of accesses in FAS should I have to help out the team taking care
> of drupal and aything else related to it? (as a note my FAS account name is: 'averi')
> 3. Which kind of work is needed and where? (e.g which kind of improvements
> do we want and where? and what's the situation at the moment.)
>
> Thanks in advance to anyone who will answer and happy hacking,

Hi Andrea,

I left you some ideas in a previous email.  But here's a little more
to think about.

The Fedora Insight system will authenticate through the Fedora Account
System (FAS) like other Fedora services.  I wrote and installed a
plugin for Drupal that allows groups in FAS to be mapped to roles
(RIDs) in Drupal, so we can have different access levels.

The testing instance at publictest4.fp.o/drupal is hooked to a "fake"
FAS instance at fakefas01.fp.o -- as noted on the front page of the
Insight test system: http://publictest4.fedoraproject.org/drupal/

So you need to make a *separate* account there.  It's fine (maybe even
best) to use the same user name there.  But you should use a different
passphrase because the security of FakeFAS is not guaranteed, although
I know the Infrastructure team has done their best as always.
Besides, having a different passphrase is a best practice in any case!
;-)

If possible, you should come to our meeting on Thursday as noted here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Insight#Meeting_agenda

We can talk about access toward the end of that meeting, and get you
into the appropriate groups on the FakeFAS system.