disable desktop background in fedora 13 (LXDE)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 5 06:37:49 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 04.10.2010, 21:24 -0500 schrieb Ranjan Maitra:
> Thanks, Christoph. I have now subscribed to the lxde fedora mailing
> list.

Welcome Ranjan, that was quick. :)

> > Edit /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart and change the line that reads
> > or remove it completely. Instead add a line for xplanet
> >
> > @xplanet
> >

> I have also added
>
> @oclock -geometry -0+0 -tr -fg red -bd red -jewel red
>
> to get the oclock autostarted there (and it works). However, I would
> like to add this clock on all my desktops as well as without the
> border. Do you know how I can do this using the autostarted feature?

Look into .config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml. If the file does not exist, you
need to copy over /usr/share/lxde/openbox/rc.xml to that location.

At the end of the file you will find the window matching rules. Add a
new one for xclock:

  <application name="xclock" class="XClock">
    <decor>no</decor>
    <shade>no</shade>
    <position>
      <x>0</x>
      <y>0</y>
      <monitor>1</monitor>
    </position>
    <focus>no</focus>
    <desktop>all</desktop>
    <layer>normal</layer>
    <iconic>no</iconic>
    <skip_pager>yes</skip_pager>
    <skip_taskbar>yes</skip_taskbar>
  </application>

<desktop>all</desktop> is the option you are looking for. You can also
leave out the options that you already pass to xclock at the command
line such as position.

Regards,
Christoph