notifications missing?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 8 08:37:59 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 07.06.2011, 21:15 +0200 schrieb Klaus Lichtenwalder:

> I have a fresh install of Fedora 15 based LXDE. Unfortunately,
> notifications like wireless (dis)connect and notifications from other
> applications that use this don't happen. Any way to remedy this?

Hi Klaus,

LXDE doesn't have a notification daemon of it's own but you have to
either use GNOME's notification-daemon or Xfce's xfce4-notifyd. Please
make sure either one of them is installed. I suggest to use the one from
GNOME because you probably already have some GNOME programs installed so
it's less dependencies than xfce4-notifyd.

Regards,
Christoph

P.S.: Please use the correct email address when posting to this list. ;)
You are subscribed, but not with this address.