LightDM

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Oct 23 18:07:26 UTC 2012

Dear Christoph,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:16:48 +0200 Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 22.10.2012, 19:35 -0500 schrieb Ranjan Maitra:
> >
> > Perhaps. But as others have also indicated, changing the DM seems to
> > have worked. It worked for me (by replacing LXDM with SLiM), and it
> > appears to have worked for a few others (who replaced LXDM with
> > LightDM).
> >
> > > Can you please follow the instructions from the first comment of the bug
> > > report and post your findings in bugzilla?
> >
> > I can tell you what happened when I tried, which is the same as
> > before:
> >
> > in terminal:
> >
> > % ssh-add
> >
> > Could not open connection to user agent
> >
> > So used:
> >
> > % ssh-agent bash
> > % ssh-add
> >
> > which gives me ssh passphrases valid only for that window (tab).
> >
> > Not sure what more info you would like?
>
> I think I already told you. I want somebody to test the "How to
> reproduce" steps from the bug report with all three login managers, and
> the findings documented in the bug report. Debugging helps me to
> determine the source of the problem but a mailing list is not the right
> place for debugging.

The above are the exact steps to reproduce the problem with LXDM.
With SLiM, all that happens is that ssh-add asks for the passphrase (as
it should) for the first instance after the first login. After that, it
is not needed to add the ssh user agent.

I haven't tried LightDM.

Is this information adequate? What is missing?

Best wishes,
Ranjan
--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional