[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora Wallpapers

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Mon Jul 10 08:45:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 10:16 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le dimanche 09 juillet 2006 à 11:35 +0530, Tejas Dinkar a écrit :
> >
> >> My question is, should/do we have a page on the wiki dedicated to stuff
> >> like this?
> >
> > IMHO as long as the licensing is compatible, it should all end in a
> > fedora-extras package
>
> Disagree. What if I also want *my* wallpapers as a package in Extras?
> What if a ton of other people want the same? Where it stops?
>
> I think a package in Extras should include a limited number of
> *selected* wallpapers with the rest hosted in an online gallery, which
> gallery should be part of Fedora Art, with a very low barrier to entry
> for new contributors.

What makes the cut?  I'm not trying to be stupid here but having someone
dictate what kind of wallpaper is allowed or not provided, it meets the
extras requirement, should be allowed.

I agree with you that somebodies wallpapers are not my taste.  However,
it might be someone else's taste.  I personally don't like censorship in
some cases.  Obviously pornography and the like if thats allowed in
warnings should be displayed but if not I understand completely.

Barring extreme cases I would welcome more wallpapers in some way.
Naming conventions will be a bit wierd but diversity is what we are
after I would have thought.

Just my $0.02

Regards,

Marc