New logo guidelines and web design elements posted

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon May 29 07:00:44 UTC 2006

Listen, the main point I am trying to make is that we should be happy that
people are contributing design work, no matter what format it is presented in.
 From looking at them, it is obvious Matt's contributions represent a
significant investment in time and effort and we should appreciate that. Rather
than complaining about the use of proprietary formats, it would be better for us
to help educate those that use them about what FOSS alternatives are available
and help them transition over to using open formats and hopefully FOSS as well
to create the artwork.

Can we make a policy of only accepting artwork in an open format, listing out
acceptable formats, and offer to help anyone who needs help in converting their
stuff for submission?

Accentuate the positive, and work to improve the negative... Sound reasonable?

~m