Fedora Online Magazine

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Jun 15 17:27:36 UTC 2007

O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> It takes a fair amount of effort to put FWN together.  There is more to
> being an editor than one might think, unless you have actually been an
> editor-in-chief.  Even an every-other-month magazine with a small staff
> is going to take some full-time weeks to make happen.
>
> Instead, if we build up the staff of FWN, then look at growing that into
> outputting a bi-monthly magazine, that has good chance of success.  I
> think this is a situation where we need to learn to crawl, then walk,
> before we run.

+1.

The FWN is continually increasing its size and quality, which is great
considering its publication frequency. It would be much easier for the magazine
to work through FWN and every two months take a "snapshot", extract the most
important past artcles, add up some guides, images, interviews, statistics.
Doing it through FWN is like spreading the editing work in the whole 2 months
instead of 2-3 weeks at the end. The content base would be bigger and of higher
quality (more contributors, more eyes to edit).

A magazine like this will bring a lot of energy to all our marketing/news
efforts, and why not start again the Interviews thing (/wiki/Interviews).

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/