four f's iconography

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 22 17:41:14 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I've attached a rough sketch of my suggestions for the ideas. They are
> rough sketches so discussion can focus on the concepts rather than the
> rendering. Features was the toughest one - but let's talk through them
> all if you have any issues with them conceptually and come up with the
> best representations.

So here's some of the feedback from irc:

<ke4qqq> mizmo:  is that a "freebird" lol
* ke4qqq imagines Fedora theme music now
<mizmo> ke4qqq, hehe
* mizmo whips out lighter and waves it in the air
<inode0> ok, that friend definitely needs a lighter
<ke4qqq> lol
<tw2113> coincidence? i think not!
<ke4qqq> perhaps an f instead of a guitar like this:
http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/3/L10774462.jpg

so some ideas from this:

freedom
- maybe use a pair of wings instead of a bird
- maybe use an 'f' with a pair of wings

<stickster> mizmo: (On a happier note, I return to art...) For your four
icons
<stickster> the only thing I might have suggested for features was a
"gourmet covered dish being delivered" but I think that's too vague.
<mizmo> stickster, ooh interesting idea
<mizmo> stickster, maybe a butler with a lidded dish
<stickster> mizmo: Exactly

features:
- butler with a lidded dish

Any other ideas? :)