I was just thinking about a Fedora News Channel

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 18:51:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Jonathan Roberts
<jonrob at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> 2008/6/27 Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com>:
>>>

>>> Correction.. anything I like.
>>

> Anything we like might be a better way of phrasing, but that's being pedantic...
>
>> Clearly I missed the purpose of the Miro channel.  Seems this might be
>> a bit different than I was thinking.
>
> What were you thinking?
>
> My thoughts are that this channel is to be used to share videos about
> Fedora - everything and anything about Fedora - provided it's a
> reasonable quality. This includes tutorials (like you've been doing),
> interviews, news bulletins (if anybody wanted to do them, why not?),
> contributor/user stories etc etc

I was thinking pretty much what you just said.  I re-read what Jef
said as well, and I think those aren't mutually exclusive.  I'm just
thinking that if we put some cool features/news up as part of
FedoraTV, it would still apply.  I think the business news point is
valid if it pertains to Fedora specifically, and I think that's
appropriate.  I am still new to the hierarchy and how things get
approved in Fedora.  Please forgive my ignorance :)

Btw, I have Paul's keynote from FUDCon up on my fedora people page.
Its audio only, but would that be appropriate to share on FedoraTV
anyway?  http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/files/ (has paul's name in it).

Cheers,

Clint